Monday, May 9, 2011

Where I Went in the Southwest

I went to so many places in the Southwest! I went to the Grand Canyon, Colorado River, Canyon De Chelly National Monument, Oklahoma city, and Flagstaff. At those places I learned so many facts. In the Grand Canyon I learned that it takes up 1,218,376 acres of land. It is also 277 miles long, 18 miles wide, and 5,000 feet deep. Guess What? It formed a million years ago. Do you know how many animals live in the Grand Canyon? 50 species of reptiles, 25 species of fish, and 300 species of birds.

The Colorado River is Located in Texas. It is the 18th largest river in the United States. It is also curved by the Grand Canyon. The average depth is 20 feet. It is 1,450 miles long.

Canyon De Chelly National Monument has a legend of Spider Woman who keeps the bones of her enemies on Spider Rock. I learned that it was established on April 1,1931. The Navajoes lived here for the last 300 years. It is 131 square miles long. It is located in Arizona.

In the Oklahoma City I learned that Oklahoma City was settled on April 22, 1889. It is 69,903 square miles long. It is the largest city in Oklahoma. The water area is 2.28 percent.

Flagstaff is located in Arizona. I learned that it is 63.6 square miles. It is in the Northern part of Arizona.The first permanent settlement was in 1887. Indians settled in Flagstaff first.

No comments:

Post a Comment